Karen B. McClard, M.D.
Dr. McClard graduated from Baylor University as a member of the University Scholars program. She received her medical degree from U.T. Southwestern Medical School at Dallas. After completing her residency at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, she stayed an additional year at CMC as Pediatric Chief Resident. Dr. McClard currently sits on the PAD Board of Directors.
Dr. McClard has a beautiful blended family with five (you read that right, FIVE!) teenagers, two dogs, and a few chickens. She finds it impossible to separate the doctor part of her brain from the mom part of her brain, which is why she believes in practical advice that parents will actually follow. If she gets any spare time, there is a chance that she forgot to pick up a kid or drop off a birthday gift or schedule an appointment for someone. She loves coffee like it is oxygen.
Physician Credentials & Accolades
- Board Certified in Pediatrics
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- Residency at Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Chief Residency at Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Voted as one of the “Best Pediatricians in Dallas” by D Magazine
- Voted as one of the “Super Doctors” in Texas Monthly Magazine
- Voted as a “Mom Approved Doctor” by Dallas Child Magazine
- Children’s Health
- Medical City Dallas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Plano