After-Hours / Urgent Care
PAD Dallas is open on Saturdays until 12N and Sundays until 2PM. There may be times when your child needs in-office assistance when our office is closed. Please consider the following when deciding between an After-Hours / Urgent Care Facility and an Emergency Room visit:
Benefits of Urgent Care:
- Primarily staffed by pediatricians
- Equipped to handle non-life-threatening situations
- Fast and cost-effective alternative to the emergency department.
Comparing Urgent Care and the Emergency Department:
Time: Urgent care visits average 30 minutes vs. 2+ hours for the Emergency Department
Cost: Urgent care visits average $50 – $150 vs. $1,233 at the emergency department.
For patients with insurance, a co-payment will almost always be higher for emergency department visits than for urgent care visits.
PAD recommends the following Pediatric Urgent Care clinics in the Metroplex: (click on links for location options)
Pediatric Emergency Rooms:
The emergency department is meant for the following:
- Life-threatening situations
- Serious and sudden medical conditions
If you or a loved one is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or find safe transportation to the emergency department near you.
- Medical City Dallas Hospital
- Children’s Medical Center in Dallas
- Children’s Medical Center at Legacy in Plano