April Hurlston, M.D.
Dr. Hurlston was born and raised on St. Thomas, USVI and received her B.S in Biology from the University of the Virgin Islands.
During her sophomore year, she was accepted into the Early Medical School Selection Program through Boston University School of Medicine, which was geared to increasing the amount of minorities in Medicine.
She received her Medical Degree from Boston University School of Medicine in 2008 and joined the US Army through the Health Professional Scholarship Program. She completed her residency in Pediatrics at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in 2011.
Dr. Hurlston served in varying positions during her tenure as an active duty Pediatrician for 9 years. She subsequently returned to training and completed a fellowship in Adult and Pediatic Sleep Medicine at San Antonio Military Medical Center in 2018. Dr. Hurlston served 12 years in the US Army and made it to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel (LTC).
Dr. Hurlston loves the ocean, spending time with her new husband and combined family of 5 kids (3 teenagers), 3 cats, a rabbit and a cockatoo bird. Her family likes to stay physically fit, and are avid sports fans. Dr Hurlston welcomes anything that brings laughter, love and happiness into her home.
Physician Credentials & Accolades
- B.S in Biology from the University of the Virgin Islands
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Residency in Pediatrics at Walter Army Medical Center
- Adult and Pediatic Sleep Medicine at San Antonio Military Medical Center
- 12 years in the US Army and made it to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel
- Children’s Health
- Medical City Dallas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Plano