Come join a team that strives to provide safe, quality, compassionate care! At Pediatric Associates of Dallas, our Scheduling Specialist assist with all scheduling needs. The ideal Scheduling Specialist will be punctual, dependable, flexible, detail oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
Are you passionate about providing a high level of customer service? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If so, come shine with us!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Answers inbound phone calls from patients regarding appointments and general inquiries
- Document information as it pertains to appointments
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy in all interactions
- Direct calls to appropriate queues
- Schedules appointments based on scheduling needs. Schedule after-hours/same-day appointments, following urgent/emergency protocols as in the case of a sick child, which may mean scheduling the patient with a physician or nurse practitioner other than their primary physician.
- Uses manual/computerized system to match physician/clinician availability with patient’s preferences in terms of date and time.
- Ensures that updates (e.g., cancellations or additions) are input daily into master schedule.
- Communicates as needed with physicians/clinicians and other staff about any patient concerns/issues related to scheduling. Consults with appointment manager about any system problems.
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You’ll be a fit for this Role if you:
- Enjoy Working with People
- Have an interest and some experience in the administrative side of healthcare
- Have good customer service skills
- Are organized and have a strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Have the ability to communicate calmly and clearly with patients about appointments in all circumstances including when they are ill or have an emergency.
- Have the ability to analyze situations and respond appropriately.
Experience: 1 year of experience in an appointment scheduling position or customer service position in a medical practice setting is preferred.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
- Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Hybrid Schedule:This role will rotate in-office and remote.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Uniform allowance
- Vision insurance
- Private practice
- 8 hour shift
- Why are you seeking new employment?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Dallas, TX 75230
Please send resume to email@example.com