We have an immediate opening in our Dallas office for a detailed-oriented, motivated, team oriented, self-starter to perform the essential day-to-day needs of medical billing for our company.
Duties to include:
- Answer phones and assist patients with billing inquiries.
- Process patient payments via online portal and mail in checks.
- Process returned mail.
- Follow-up on insurance accounts and checking claim status online and via phone.
- Balance payments posted through Electronic Medical Record reports or bank deposit slips
- Be attentive and aware of insurance processing errors that could result in lost revenue for company
- Research and complete all business-related questions, requests, and correspondence from patients and insurance companies
Ideal Candidate must have:
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 1 year medical office experience or 3 years general office or call center experience.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination. (All employees must by fully vaccinated against COVID-19)
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to type 40 WPM and 10 key by touch
- Basic math and cash handling skills and experience.
- Ability to work efficiently on computer with systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Outlook and an Electronic Medical Record (Excel proficiency is a plus)
- Prefer working knowledge with medical terminology, procedure codes, and billing procedures (Pediatrics is preferred and a plus)
- Prefer Moderate experience regarding Aging A/R, Out of Network Claims and negotiations, working and reconciling reports daily, follow up on claims
- Prefer Moderate experience with CMS-1500 forms, Clearinghouses, ERA/EFT accounts, insurance recoupments, time of service payments (deductibles, coinsurance, and copays).
We offer health insurance with PPO and HDP options, dental, vision , short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and more! Pension that starts accruing immediately and is fully funded by the employer! Fully vested in funds at 5 years of service! **Amounts vary based on several factors such as age and years of service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Do you have at least 1 year of Medical office experience or 3 years of general office/call center experience?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Please send resume to email@example.com