We have an immediate opening in our Dallas office for a detailed, motivated, team oriented, self-starter to perform the essential day-to-day needs of medical billing for our company. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize.
Duties to include
- Post daily charges after review of proper CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 code usage
- Post deductibles, copays, coinsurances, contractual adjustments, and payments as per EOBs/EFTs/ERAs
- Balance payments posted through Electronic Medical Record reports or bank deposit slips
- Apply insurance recoupments according to EOBs/EFTs/ERAs
- Be attentive and aware of insurance processing errors that could result in lost revenue for company
- Perform follow-up actions with insurance companies to ensure timely filing and full payment
- Research and complete all business-related questions, requests, and correspondence from patients and insurance companies
Ideal Candidate must have
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 1 year medical billing office experience
- Extensive working knowledge with medical terminology, procedure codes, and billing procedures (Pediatrics is preferred and a plus)
- Moderate experience regarding Aging A/R, Out of Network Claims and negotiations, working and reconciling reports daily, follow up on claims
- Moderate experience with CMS-1500 forms, Clearinghouses, ERA/EFT accounts, insurance recoupments, time of service payments (deductibles, coinsurance, and copays).
- Ability to work efficiently on computer with systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Outlook and an Electronic Medical Record
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org